Surely you already knew this.
If you didn’t, I anticipate a myriad of reactions. Enumerated, they are:
1) Pleasantly surprised – You didn’t know of our liberty-leanings, but did know of Ron Paul’s, and you’re enthused to find even more supporters whose existence the media refuses to acknowledge.
2) Pleasantly unsurprised – You didn’t know we loved Congressman Paul, but you could have guessed it, based on our anti-establishment tendencies.
3) Disgusted and surprised – You thought we were better than this. Don’t we know Ron Paul’s foreign policy? (Yes, we do.) Also, how could we support someone so old?
4) Disgusted and unsurprised – You always suspected we were a house full of kooks, and now we have confirmed your fears. You’ll never read this blog again.
5) Confused and curious – You don’t know who Ron Paul is. You also didn’t know that different people have to compete for the right to run for president as a certain party’s nominee. It’s possible that you forgot we have a president.
6) Scoffing – You are quite certain that you know that Ron Paul will never, in a thousand years (and he’s halfway there, you think), get elected. Bill O’Reilly is your pastor, Rush Limbaugh is your prophet, and Fox News is your window to the world. So equipped, you think you know we’re wrong, and you chuckle in the same way you imagine God chuckles every time a scientist exclaims “Eureka!”
7) Apathetic – You don’t care about elections, politics, or government in general. This is either because: a) You think all politicians are purely evil, and you have reacted to it by refusing to vote or care (thereby ensuring that the evil politicians continue their evil reign – but at least you’ve kept your hands clean!), b) You don’t understand what the government has to do with your life, but you do understand what Lady Gaga has to do with your life. You are one of those who John Stossel says might be “too stupid to vote.” There’s hope for you, but it might begin by switching the channel from MTV/VH1 to…well, ANY news channel. Begin to learn and think critically (and disagree with pundits). Your eyes will slowly open. OR c) You voted one time, and didn’t get anything from it – not even a free lollipop. The man/woman you voted for didn’t get elected, and you swore off elections forever.
If you’re still reading, thanks. Allow me to ask two things from you:
First – Consider Ron Paul. If you don’t like him, my guess is you prefer one of the following: Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich, or Rick Perry. I understand why you might like those men; allow me to suggest, however, that your preference for anyone but Ron Paul is birthed out of ignorance. I’m not calling you stupid, I think you’re probably very bright. I’m merely testifying to the actions of the media: they have done their best to ignore, demean, and disregard Congressman Paul. So, you have not been informed of his policies and of the sensibility behind them. Below, find a few videos that might help you become a more informed voter (and that might help you see that Ron Paul is the only candidate who truly upholds liberty and justice for all, and is the one who has been doing it for over 30 years).
***IT’S THE ECONOMY***
If you need to know who’s the most qualified to deal with our devastated economy, watch this:
***LIBERTY OR DEATH***
Ready for the government to stop telling the people what to do and how to do it? Ron Paul wants to dramatically shrink the size and scope of the federal government, and reserve for the states and local municipalities most of the powers that currently reside in Washington. Yes, that means legalizing narcotics on the federal level; yes, it means getting government out of the marriage business altogether. Just because we don’t approve of someone’s personal choice doesn’t mean we should outlaw it at the federal level – that’s tyranny! Below is the first of several parts to an interview John Stossel did with Ron Paul. You can find the subsequent parts on the right side of the YouTube page.
Additionally, if you’re worried about his stance on legalizing drugs:
***A SERIOUS PLAN***
Ron Paul’s proposed budget for his first year in office cuts $1 TRILLION in government spending. He ends five wasteful, unnecessary departments of government. He zeroes out foreign aid (that’s where we just give money to other nations, when we’re broke). He reforms Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid, without hanging out to dry those people who are currently dependent on the system. You can see his plan here: RON PAUL “PLAN TO RESTORE AMERICA”
Oh yeah, and if you like Limbaugh? He may not support Ron Paul for president, but he overtly endorsed Ron Paul’s budget plan. Listen here.
***END THE WELFARE STATE AND THE WARFARE STATE***
We don’t need to be the world police. George W. Bush said it when he ran for president; then he reneged once he was elected. We’ve spent trillions on our two (or is it three? or four?) overseas wars in the last decade, and it’s time to end the wars, bring the troops home, and defend our borders.
And if you’re seriously worried that Iran will nuke us…seriously? We have anti-ballistic missile defense systems (no one else does). We are half a world away from Iran (and North Korea). And we would know about a potential attack long before it happened. Additionally, those countries know that if they attack us, we’ll obliterate them. Need more convincing?
Second – Please register as a Republican and vote in the primaries in your state! And when you vote: Vote for sound money! Vote for a strong national defense and an end to our global warmongering! Vote for smaller government! Vote for liberty! Vote for Ron Paul!